Shift Happens!® When you start D-A-T-I-N-G Your Customers.
The only surefire way to keep a client happy is to consistently go the “extra mile” and exceed expectations. The concept of DATING is something you learned very early. We all know that the most difficult first step is ‘asking’ for the DATE, while the real world issue is getting the second date, and so on. That process is the same in D-A-T-I-N-G Your Customer. The objective is to bring them back. In my 200+ page ebook I offer a complete guide to the various steps in D-A-T-I-N-G Your Customer but in today’s ‘140 character’ world this shortened version gives you the high points. Within the larger book I spend time with creating a customer-centric culture. For instance in the D’s I offer other words for the readers insights.
Just like DATING you ask lots of questions and LISTEN to the answers. You set goals based on those understandings. You shorten your message and condense it to focus on the results. You want to be the first choice…whether DATING of D-A-T-I-N-G. If you have been reading my blogs, white papers, or attended any of my presentations you know that I try to INNOVATE everything I do. So how do I apply innovation to customer service?
- If we aren’t aggressively trying to innovate we are managing our companies toward extinction.
- Competitive advantage can be described as being number one
- Being number one with your Customers means they will tell others.
- Innovate your Customer service.
- Make your Customer feel important and your Customer will do the same for you.
- Every Company that plans to compete in the twenty-first century needs to develop new ideas and next-generation approaches.
- Management must foster a climate open to innovation.
- You must know your business better than your competitor.
- Each day we are removed from the decision maker and put in front of a ‘gatekeeper.’
- No matter what you are selling, you are the only commodity your Customer will, know.
- Help create value.
- Value is created by how well the people on the front lines do their jobs.
- The nature of a supplier – Customer relationship is offering a promise and delivering on that promise.
- The best we can hope for is to learn from our mistakes.
- Innovation is a creative solution that is used by your Customers. It means they will pay for the product of your product.
- You must create affirmations that help guide you down the path on the way to enlightenment.
- The more offbeat, the more diverse, eccentric, and unusual the more you learn.
- We need to demand more from ourselves than from our Customers.
- Learn constructively.
- Remove ‘standard operating procedures’ and inspire clever solutions to any problem.
Look for a fresh perspective that, almost by itself, makes the solution obvious. You are the expert of your business. Problems do have solutions, but the solutions are not always in plain site. Remember creativity is the skill to originate the new and make it valuable. Innovation is the process of creating something new that has significant value. Before innovation we must have creativity. You only have one chance to make a FIRST impression.
About the Author:
I forge collaborative ideation and educate organizations how to innovate from top to bottom and bottom to top. Whether you want to improve daily efficiencies or bring an entirely new product to market, my insights are built to maximize organizations’ return on investment and provide powerful, measurable results over time. Guided by the framework of science and experimentation, though not to the exclusion of hunches, impressions, and intuition, my approach as a practitioner applies this knowledge to real world situations, which are applicable to every organization. If you want to make changes, improve innovation results, increase customer and employee retention, give me a call. 312 527-9111 or drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
About THiNKaha (www.thinkaha.com): THiNKaha makes it easy to create compelling content that helps to turn corporate experts into recognized thought leaders. THiNKaha services include the Aha Amplifier, thought leadership interviews via Google Hangouts, creating content portals, book publishing, webinar publishing, social media, traditional media coaching and vetted referrals, thought leadership mentoring/coaching, and many other thought leadership services, including the creation and support of corporations’ thought leadership blueprints.
To have us help your corporation amplify its thought leadership, please contact Jenilee Maniti at email@example.com
20660 Stevens Creek Blvd., Suite 210 Cupertino, CA 95014 +1 408 257-3000